Hey, guys. I’ve been gone for a very long time…sorry about that. I haven’t any wifi for over a year so that hasn’t really helped…but I plan on coming back! I want to get back into the game of giving you guys more music related content on this site. Worst songs of the year will be brought back, and so will best albums. I’ll try to review albums as much as I can, as well. So, starting next week, I hope to be getting some new content out there for you guys.
So, if you couldn’t already tell, I haven’t been doing the best job keeping Happy Katana updated. I haven’t had Wi-Fi for a few months, but then I said fuck it and am now going to start bringing my laptop to places with free Wi-Fi. This will afford me the opportunity to revive a site that I’m sure several people thought was dead. It doesn’t help that I haven’t been doing my part to keep the site strong with frequent articles. I hope to change that. Here are some things I hope to do to ensure that 2016 is the best year this site has had yet:
- I am currently writing a rant on modern gaming (very original, I know).
- I hope to actually get some work done on my Top 100 SpongeBob Episodes I’ve been promising since freaking 2013.
- I am in talks with a new writer, who will be joining the site very shortly. I also want to try to get some other writers on board.
- I want to do some other big lists. Perhaps a giant video game list, or a huge animated movie or animated series list.
- I would like to revive Disney Month especially.
- More articles on non gaming subjects. I do love writing about video games, so those articles won’t stop, but I do want some more representation for movies, sports, TV, music, and books.
- Update links and remove dead links. Also, I hate to say it, but I’m also deleting the forums and removing them from the front page. Not only have I gotten a virus from Forumotion in the past, and don’t want anyone else to get one, but the boards didn’t take off like I thought they would. Perhaps in the future when I know it’d be able to work out.
There’s more I’d like to do, but you get the general idea. I want to ensure that Happy Katana is back in order this year. So, with that in mind, I predict that 2016 will be a better year than the past few years.
What’s this? An actual post on Happy Katana? What kind of Twilight Zone shit is this? So yeah, by now you probably thought Happy Katana was dead and would never come back. Well, I’m here to say that it is not dead, but it’s been on a sort of hiatus. You see, I haven’t had access to a computer in quite a long time until now. And don’t give me that “use a phone or iPod” crap, either, because WordPress doesn’t work for shit on mobile devices.
But yeah, the last post on here was in November, and honestly, I’m embarrassed, especially since I wasn’t exactly posting frequently then, either. I mean, this isn’t freaking Sydlexia. I kid, I kid. So, yeah, I hope to get this site back in order and return it to its former glory. You know, back in 2013, when I posted frequently and the future looked bright before my articles became more and more sparse. I plan to get some Pokémon reviews knocked out, and also finish my interview with a certain internet personality. Hopefully, the Happy Katana revival will be sooner, rather than later.
Hello there, everyone. Today, I am going to start something new at Happy Katana. I am going to start reviewing Pokemon. I was influenced by the excellent Not All Pokemon Are Created Equal, which is one of my absolute favorite Pokemon sites, if not my favorite. Basically, his blog is him reviewing every single Pokemon. And it’s awesome. I was reading his reviews and thought “Hey, why can’t I do that?” A few reasons behind this:
1. I love NAPACE. Fantastic site, and I’d love to see more sites do that.
2. I love Pokemon. It’s probably my third favorite video game series of all time. And I would love to review them.
3. I’ll be the first to admit that I haven’t done the best job of updating the site frequently for a while now. There are a lot of articles I have in development right now (I promise, I’ll have the second part of my GameCube article and my big SpongeBob project finished at some point) and not enough finished. I have been doing a shitty job of writing on a consistent basis. This is something that will provide more content for the site. The reviews will be short and sweet, which will be significantly easier and less time consuming to write. Also, I like to think writing these reviews will help get me out of the writer’s block rut that I’m in and will inspire me to start writing more. Don’t think these reviews are just filler, though, and that I’m only writing them to keep the site updated. No, I’m reviewing the Pokemon because I love the series, and it’s something I would legitimately love to do. Seriously, this is going to be so much fun. More content is just icing on the cake.
Lo and behold, here we are. I do want to note that my scoring system will be different from his. While he uses a more traditional 1-10 scale, I will be using a letter grade scale. I always preferred that method of scoring than the 1-10 score. Without further adieu, let the reviews begin
Wow. Just, wow. I seriously can not believe the number of views we have. This is awesome! I would have never predicted Happy Katana to be this successful. Never. Seriously, I remember nearly a year after I created this website, I only had six views overall. Hell, I even made a post about it. Even at the beginning of 2013, which was shortly after I came back to the site and started truly taking it seriously, it only had 469. Hell, I remember being extremely excited when we reached 1,000. Now we have 100 times that. And it’s awesome! Seriously, I am so proud of myself (look at me and my giant ego) and everyone who writes here. Thank you Ashley, Brendan, Jacob, and Matt for helping me make Happy Katana an awesome website. It wouldn’t be nearly as good or as successful without you guys. And a gigantic thank you to everyone else who made this possible. Thank you, JEW, for designing our awesome banner. Thanks to friends and family for supporting us. Thank you to Robot Boombox, Zack’s Weekly Record, and Outskirt Noise for our first awesome collaboration. And most of all, thank you, Happy Katana fans! You are the reason we came this far. You who enjoy our articles. You who follow us on Twitter and Facebook. Those who share our articles on other websites (we’ve gotten a lot of traffic from people posting our articles on Reddit and their personal websites). You guys are awesome! We appreciate you supporting us throughout our history. Here’s to another 100,000!
Okay, so this is a bit long over due. A lot has been happening lately in my life but I’m finally here to do part 2 of my most popular article yet! Yay! So, before we start, let’s just recap on the rules. There were only two, but they were:
1. The song didn’t have to come out in 2014, but it had to become popular in 2014
2. If rule number 1 applies, it must have been from 2013
Also, this is MY opinion. If you don’t agree with it, good for you. Like the songs for all I care. These are just my personal opinions and you don’t have to agree.
So, let’s stop wasting time and just get on to the list. Continue reading
It’s been three months since I wrote “Top 4 Albums of the First Quarter of 2014”, so it’s time to write the next part. So, as like the last one, this all purely based on my opinions and my opinions alone. So, a couple rules.
1. It must have came out since the day this was posted and January 1 of this year, and only this year.
2. It can be an EP
3. It doesn’t have to be a hit album or come from a popular band
4. This can only be albums I have listened to (obviously)
So, with that said, let’s get on to the list. (P.S. These are not in a specific order.) Continue reading
Hello everyone! I’ve been doing so much music stuff that I’ve decided to start doing album reviews. Maybe even song reviews. So, without further ado, here is my first ever album review.
Shatter Me – Lindsey Stirling
So, I’ve been a fan of Lindsey Stirling for a long time now. Her violin skills are just so amazing that it’s almost a sin to not at least like one song that she has done. Well, one day I was browsing the iTunes store, looking for songs to add to my wishlist when I saw this. Lindsey Stirling had a new album out. Continue reading
Okay, so let me just say something quick. I have been very busy with school work lately so I haven’t been able to do my Nickelodeon Month. Sorry to the 2-3 people who actually wanted to see that. It will happen at some point, just not now. Now, on with the list.
Now, I’ve been a fan of creepypastas for years now. I have just always found them intriguing. There are a lot of great creepypastas out there but, sometimes, you find a really shitty one. Like, REALLY shitty. So, today, I’m gonna countdown the top 5 worst creepypastas. *Note: This is not in any particular order. I’m not good at doing ordered list. This is just 5 really bad creepypastas. Continue reading
Hello everyone, and welcome back to Billboard Hot 100 Summary of the Week. Let’s skip all introductions and just get right to the summary. Continue reading